Benefits of package lockers
The convenience of online shopping has made it increasingly popular. But to receive deliveries shoppers need to be at home during delivery times or have parcels delivered directly to the office. This can be disruptive for other staff and, for large organisations, it can distract post-room and reception staff from their work.
MYPUP pick-up lockers make it easy to receive and return parcels and post in the office. This offers several benefits:
- Companies can offer parcel lockers as an employee perk.
- Employees benefit from being able to receive parcels at convenient times.
- Mailroom and reception staff save time as they no longer need to personally distribute employee deliveries.
Parcel lockers can simplify parcel management in residential buildings like apartments or student halls of residence. They also have multiple uses in transport hubs like train stations and airports, storing baggage and duty-free. Pick-up lockers can also be used for specific items including IT equipment. Allowing employees to collect or deposit laptops, mobile phone and other valuable equipment without using up IT resources.
How parcel lockers work
- Smart lockers are installed with our Simplicity locking system that is connected to the MyPUP parcel software.
- When a parcel is delivered it will be placed in an automated locker at the pick-up point.
- Once the locker has been closed, the recipient of the parcel will then receive a message either by SMS or email to say their parcel is ready to be collected, along with a unique code to provide access.
- The software can also send delivery reminders, to make sure the parcel is collected.
MyPUP London Courier Service
In the London area, this solution also has the option of a courier service. This means parcels will go to a delivery hub first where the parcel is logged into the software. The parcel will then be physically placed into an automated locker at the relevant pick-up point.
Design your locker bank
MYPUP pick-up lockers are supplied as a ‘plug-in and play’ solution, so the installation process is simple. MYPUP locker units are metal and come in a range of colours. A range of unit combinations is available with small, medium, large and extra-large compartments which accommodates 95% of most commonly used parcel sizes.
There are seven different types of units to choose from (see below). Whatever configuration you choose first, you can add more units in the future if a particular size is found to be useful.
Contact us for a parcel locker quotation.